Monday 17 March 2008

Daddy


Wow... what a journey!  Just got back from seeing you! Eight hour trip as the train was delayed, but I'd do it again, just to hear your say Daddy again! This was my first time I heard you say it and it still brings a smile to my face.  
 
This weekend, I gave you a bath and tucked you into bed after about 5 stories and a phone call to Grandma and Aunty Tolu and a voicemail to Uncle Bayo!  You just kept saying Daddy, Daddy, Daddy and I just wanted them to hear you say it!  The funny thing is that you waved goodbye to them when we were finishing off the conversation!  One more story... then it was bedtime.  
 
You woke up at about 3am and when I came to grab you, I got one of those hugs that melts me heart.  More milk, another cuddle and you were out like a light, like Daddy like Fuzzy!

After a Weetabix and banana breakfast, we drove over to Newquay Waterworld.  I put your swimming costume the wrong way round!  After a quick change and putting your arm bands on, we were off!  You were soo brave, you love jumping off the edge, into the pool by yourself, climbing up the slide and sliding down and when you had had enough you just walked out off the pool, it was amazing seeing you so ‘grown up’ even before you could talk!
 
Fishcake, a burger for your mum and bream for me at Fistral Blu restaurant, you would only eat if you feed yourself!  Another one of those amazing hugs as we went for a walk, then back home to drop me off at the train station.  

Words can’t explain how much I love you MIFC; you are the biggest part of my heart.
Anyway, its off to bed for me, darling, see you on Good Friday.

Love you always,
Daddy x


No comments: